Monday 17 November 2008

Self Evaluations

Attainment: 2
I would give myself a 3 for my Attainment level as i feel my work could be in greater detail and done to a better standard. I will ensure that I improve upon this point in the near future. Also I have missed one or two lessons which will set my media knowledge back a couple of lessons.

Effort: 2
I would give myself a 2 for my Effort level based on the fact that I complete all tasks set on time and tend to contribute hear and there when involved in class discussions.

Punctuality: 2
I would give myself a 2 for my Punctuality level due to the fact that I am almost always in minus 1 or two lessons. Plus I have never been late for any Mr. Bush Media Studies lesson this year and i intend to keep it that way.

Submission and Quality of Homework: 2
I would give myself a 2 for the Submission and Quality of Homework that I submit. The reason I have given myself a 2 rather than a 1 is because even though my work is completed to a reasonably good standard it could be better. Also all work should be handed in on time and admitedly I have failed in doing so on previous occasions.

Ability to work Independantly: 1
The reason I have given myself a 1 for my Ability to work Independantly is because I feel that I simply work much better alone in comparison to working in a group, particularly in Media Studies. This is because I thoroughly enjoy the subject and prefer to put my own idea's to work rather than other peoples. Also, in my opinion one can produce more in depth and detailed research when working alone in comparison to when working in a group. Furthermore, I believe myself to be a confident person when working alone as oppose to working in a group due to my lack of communication skills.

Quality of Writing: 1
I would give myself a 1 for my Quality of Writing. I believe my work is most of the time in great detail and when done by hand extremely neat. Also, as I am an English Literature student therefore my vocabulary is brilliant.

Organisation of Media Studies folder: 2
I would give myself a 2 for the Organisation of my Media Studies folder. This is because all my work done in lesson and out (homework) is all in there. I gave myself a 2 instead of a 1 because everything is in the folder, but not compiled together neatly.

Oral Contribution: 2
I gave myself a 2 for my Oral Contribution. Although I tend to contribute in class discussions, I feel that I do not put enough emphesis on my point when needed and this is why I deserve a 2 as oppose to a 3. Also, I do not contribute in every lesson which I actually should be doing.

WWW (WHAT WENT WELL):
- We were fully introduced to the Media Studies subject for AS Level.
- We've had the privalige to set up our own blogs.
- We have the opportunity of being taught by Mr. Bush. The man that actually introduced Media Studies to Greenford High School.

EBI (EVEN BETTER IF)
- We start our practical production earlier than planned. (It's the most exciting task you get to undertake in the Media Studies course period.
-
-








No comments: